Here are a few highlights from this last week:
- Andrew gave me homemade origami flowers for Mother's Day, one from him and one from baby. (Keep in mind that this was probably the first time he's ever done origami so it was very cute and unexpected and took him quite a while to do). He also got me a Jello no-bake cookies and cream dessert.
- I cried over Cafe Rio: Andrew went with on a stake youth temple trip to work on the temple grounds (which is about 45 minutes away) and they stopped at Cafe Rio before they came home. He asked if I wanted him to pick something up for me and I said yes thinking he'd be home within the next 45 minutes or so, not knowing that they were still next to the temple. Once an hour and a half passed of me obsessing over the concept of having Cafe Rio, and he still wasn't home, I realized that too much time had passed and I felt too uncomfortable eating food that had been left out for that long, especially being pregnant. (How horrible would it be if I got food poisoning on top of feeling so uncomfortable already?) I balled for a good 20 minutes before he got home. By the time he got home, it had been 2 hours since he got the food. I was fully aware that I was acting clinically insane and I am very grateful he was so patient with me during this tumultuous event as I was not pleasant.
- We got our car seat inspected and went on a date to a hobby shop so Andrew could look at model trains. You may think "nerd" but I think "adorable."
- We received 2 meals from our neighbor, Dee. I've still been able to cook but her food had been delicious and we've enjoyed it so much! She is the nicest neighbor ever!
- I knitted my first entire scarf! I won't post pictures because it's a gift for someone who happens to read my blog on occasion. :) It's a surprise but I am very pleased with the result and I hope they will be, too!
- We're still going on frequent walks and I also bounce on my birthing ball daily. I'm not the only one using the birthing ball, however...
Andrew likes to sit on it while he studies/does homework. Also, you'll notice that he is wearing a coat. The poor Florida boy is always cold and having a wife who is pregnant/constantly-in-a-sauna only means he has had to endure harsher conditions!
- After a long night last night of getting only 3 hours of sleep due to hip pain, I was still able to get up bright and early to go to my doctor's appointment today! Here's a brief explanation of how it went and my thoughts about it:
I haven't fully effaced yet, but I've started dilating! The doctor said that I am almost a centimeter! Not much but still, it's something! I also discussed with her the prospect of an induction. I posted on facebook last night asking for insight on what my friends with children think about induction and got a host of helpful responses. I have also been praying the last few months that I won't have to worry about an induction, and that I will have a natural delivery with my husband and my mother-in-law by my side. But, I am afraid that it might not happen this way. I went ahead and scheduled an induction for the 25th but somehow I do not feel right about it. The doctor even offered to induce me within the next week but I definitely don't want that. I have ten days to decide if I should go with it or not! If I decide not to, I will wait until midway through the 41st week to induce. As much as I want a natural delivery more than anything, I do not want the baby to get too big to push out and have to get a c-section. Out of all the options before me, that terrifies me the most. I am also aware that the chances of a c-section increase with induced labor so I have so much to think about. I'm trying not to think about it too much now because I'm just hoping it will all happen naturally and I still have time! Although I've done a lot of reading and asking around, my main source of decision making is and always will be prayer. If anyone knows what and how it will happen, it's God. He knows what is best for me and my baby. Ultimately, if that means waiting until 42 weeks and having a c-section, I will do it.
Anyway, I just got back from my appointment and hopped right back into my pajamas! (I'm not a lazy bum, I'm just trying to preserve my maternity clothes). Here's a belly picture of me at 39 weeks:
Here's to the longest waiting game of my life!
The flowers Andrew made are so cute! What a great idea!
ReplyDeleteOh Marcie, you poor thing. Being pregnant is so rewarding, and so challenging at the same time! I often think to myself that I want another baby, and then my mind wanders back to the torture of me being pregnant, and the thought gets pushed to the back of my mind again. You are so close, he'll be here before you know it and it will all be worth it. You are already such a great little mom and he's so lucky to have you. Keep praying for comfort, he knows what's best and will help you all along the way. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteThat was so sweet of Andrew to do the Oragami and to make one from the baby?! I would've bawled! Also would've cried about the cafe rio taking so long! haha when it comes to cafe rio I have absolutely no patience. Marcie! I'm so sorry about all the uncertainty you are having about the birth. I am so glad that you are praying about it, I agree that's the best thing to do. I know that it will all work out how it's meant to and the Lord is watching over you. I'm praying for ya too!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone for the sweet comments! :)
ReplyDelete