Pages

Days like today...

Friday, May 11, 2012

I feel I need to report on what's happening today. I feel amazing. I woke up feeling no pain, no discomfort, no heaviness... It's almost as if I don't feel pregnant at all! I just have the manifestation of a big belly telling me that I am. It's days like today I truly enjoy being pregnant. It's days like today that refresh my patience meter and keep me going until baby is ready to come.

I was mentioning to Andrew last night that I have never experienced anything difficult that I can't take a break from. When I have experienced stressful situations, I can walk away and collect myself and head right back in to deal with it. When I'm depressed or downtrodden, I can find ways to distract myself or do things to momentarily forget. Pregnancy is just one of those things where it's with you every minute of every day. It's wonderful and miraculous but sometimes when you are bogged down with hormones and so uncomfortable with nothing to relieve the discomfort, you want to cry.

However, I forgot about days like today. I don't know how it happens because usually my body is sore in the morning from sleeping and I have to take baths in the early morning to relieve some of the aches and pains. But somehow sometimes I wake up and feel... **sigh** nothing. I feel **sigh** normal. And it. is. awesome.

I should also mention that this morning, I got out letters that Andrew and I both wrote last year on 4/9/11 to the baby we would someday have. I wasn't even pregnant yet! It sure was fun revisiting those letters now that I am due any day.

Anyway, I am not forgetting today! It's a great day and I'm excited that Andrew's done with classes (finals next week) and our baby is healthy and almost here. Hello, weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS