Pages

Sup.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Whelp I'm still pregnant! I will be 40 weeks tomorrow!



Here's a quick update on what has gone on in the last week:

  • I knitted 3 baby hats: one for my nephew that was just born, one for a friend in the ward who had her baby, and one for Henry! Here's Henry's:

  • I passed the time with video games. I should also mention that as much as I have always loved video games, now that I am a "responsible adult," I simply refuse to play unless I have absolutely nothing to do and I am for whatever reason confined to a couch. I have been confined to a couch during some episodes of nausea and when that happens, I turn on my old and perfectly functional PS2 and play me some Harvest Moon or Final Fantasy. Lately, I've started a new record on Final Fantasy X which has been a serious time passer - which I love.
  • We did some deep cleaning around the house and Andrew washed and vacuumed both of the cars.
  • Andrew made fun of me:


  • We relished in Andrew's newly acquired train set:



  • My perfectly perfect nephew, Alexander Harrison Stoker, was born on Sunday:

  • And we went to my 40 week doctor's appointment today where I was told I have a "less than favorable cervix" and that I am only 1 cm dilated. Poopy. I also had my membranes stripped which can sometimes help induce labor.

As far as being pregnant goes, it seems that the swelling has gone down some and the only time I am really physically uncomfortable is when I sleep at night. Right now the big issue has been a rash on my abdomen that has sprouted up quickly. I realized that my belly was abnormally itchy and I felt little bumps hiding in the newest stretch marks. It's pretty crazy how 3 weeks ago, I had no stretch marks on my belly at all and now it looks like a gaping eye sore! The skin is raw and sensitive and red. It's adorable, I'm telling you! :) I've been putting anti-itch ointment on it which helps some. The doctor said that if it gets progressively worse and out of control this week, they will move my induction up. I am convinced that he is coming this week, however! I am going to get a blessing* tonight and I think that will do it. I really don't feel like I'm having unrealistic expectations whatsoever. I honestly just feel like it's coming but not without me putting forth my effort and having faith. I have complete faith. I feel like my uncertainty and fears have been cast aside. He is coming. If for whatever reason he doesn't come this week, I will be just fine because Andrew's mom gets here tomorrow and it will be so much fun having her around to keep me distracted!

Anyway, I'm a little shocked with how calm and at peace I feel today (despite being very nauseous). I don't feel extremely uncomfortable anymore! It's sublime! I know it will all be worth it and it will come. I will not be pregnant forever.




*In my church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints or "Mormon") we can request blessings for health purposes and for comfort purposes. They can only be performed by worthy male members that hold the Melchizedek priesthood. Visit www.lds.org for more information.

3 comments:

  1. The train is really working? That is awesome! We will have to come see it some time. Ok, what doctor tells a pregnant woman, who is ready to deliver, that she has a "less than favorable cervix"? What in the world, how rude! What does that even mean?
    And what a cute nephew. I love his little face.
    I didn't get stretch marks with Talita until after my due date, I was so disappointed, I thought I would make it without! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha he explained that it's very "tough" and like an unripe banana! My sister's doctor told her that hers was "as hard as a rock" so hopefully an unripe banana is a little more pliable. And I feel like a zebra with all these stretch marks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy I can't believe you guys! you are so funny! Andrew was rude to make fun of you but I'm not going to lie it was a bit funny! haha. Yay for the train set. Marcie, we haven't heard from you in a while so I'm assuming the small one has come. I hope so!!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS