(Visiting for the first time? Check out my first blog post - the blog title will make more sense!)
So... Andrew and I have had this on-going shoe war since we were dating. You might be wondering what a shoe war is. I will tell you. First let me introduce you to my awesome extremely old moon boots from Payless.
I have had these babies since elementary school... I think. All I know for sure is that I've had them long enough to not remember when I got them. It's possible they belonged to my little sister and since she has bigger feet than me, I inherited them. I am definitely not a pack-rat so this isn't me hoarding old items of clothing. (I regularly go through my clothing stash and donate what I don't wear). I love these boots. They're good for shoveling sidewalks and for trekking in snow when you know you're going to get dirty. They have treated me well all these years and they're so Napoleon Dynamite-esque.
Now let me introduce you to Andrew's... shoes. (P.S. I hope I am not offensive. To anyone out there who had these shoes or likes them, this is all a matter of opinion. I cannot control my initiated gag reflex when I see these).
When I see these shoes I think of the following: a) the word "elderly" b) Geppetto from Pinocchio and c) creepy things. I do not like these shoes. Andrew uses them frequently for quick trips outside and what-not which means they are frequently left at the bottom of the stairs (we live in the basement) for all to see. I have told him, "Please hide these somewhere where they won't burn my eyes out." I say this facetiously, of course.
What's the war, then? Andrew hates my moon boots and I hate his old man sandals. He will say, "please throw those away." And I say, "Only if you throw yours away."
This conversation has been repeated over the years and yet, we both hold on dearly to our shoes.
It's quite funny. They've become quite the legend. Which ones do you prefer?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOL. Those are both pretty bad. I would have to say Andrew's, but only because of that tounge thing at the top. It reminds me of a rolled-up piece of flesh. If those weren't there, I'd vote for the moon boots. :)
ReplyDeleteI love that you still have those moon boots! I'm so sad that I grew out of mine and had to give them away. Hold on to those babies!!
ReplyDeletehahah love the moon boots... andrew you have got to toss those ugly pieces of compost out!!
ReplyDelete-lauren
Um... I happen to recognize the quality and exquisite craftsmanship in those fine sandals or shoes for that matter. Andrew stand strong and those will be something to pass on to grandchildren! --Dan
ReplyDeleteLove the input from everyone! DAN - WE ARE NOT GIVING THOSE TO OUR CHILDREN. In fact, that will be a rule in our house. Rule #1: No passing down hideously ugly shoes.
ReplyDelete