So Andrew and I are in the process of moving. We've been working hard the last week or so pacing ourselves and doing bits of cleaning and packing here and there. While I was cleaning the blinds in our bedroom, Andrew was outside and yelled, "Uhh... Marcie, you're going to want to come see this."
I was nervous. I thought I did something wrong. I slipped on some shoes and ran outside. Andrew was standing on the front lawn. He told me he saw a bird that looked injured and it was flitting around in the bushes! My bird-loving maternal instinct kicked in. We were able to coax it out into the open and I saw it was a little fledgling! I couldn't tell what if it was a robin or a starling since its coloring was all brown. I was worried that it was injured! We observed him for a bit and then I went over to pick him up. I know. Disgusting? I didn't care! Diseases? Psh. Andrew kept saying, "We are not taking care of that thing! It's fine!" Just then it jumped out of my hand and was flying toward the truck. "See? I told you tha..." "SMACK!" It collided with Andrew's truck cab.
Just then a starling swooped down toward the little guy, flew up and landed on the telephone wire above the truck. Another one flew in and joined it. "Ohh! It's the mommy and daddy! It's a starling! Well clearly my work is done here," I said. (Here's what a starling looks like - they're EVERYWHERE here in Provo).
We moved to the side of the house so the parents couldn't see us. I told Andrew to run and grab my camera. It clumsily flew up onto our neighbor's roof where its parents joined it. I was only able to get this crappy picture before it went over the other side of the roof.
Well little guy, we sure enjoyed your company today. Hope you learn how to fly soon! Happy trails!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That's a unique blog title
ReplyDeletelol thanks. It makes more sense if you read the first post. :)
ReplyDeletegood for you! I rescued a turtle from the road once...but not really the same thing I guess.
ReplyDeleteYeah - it's cooler! The only rescuing I did for this guy was give him a heart attack! lol
ReplyDelete