Pages

UN-COM-FOR-TA-BLE

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hello to one and all. Today I am 36 1/2 weeks pregnant. For those of you who read my last blog post may recall me saying that I hadn't reached the "get-this-thing-out-of-me" stage quite yet. I am eager to declare that THAT phase has officially passed. 

Stick a fork in me, I am done.


Not convinced yet? How about now?


(This picture was completely accidental but it made both of us laugh because it expresses exACTLY how I am feeling physically.)


This last week has been full of contractions and long nights. Last night marks the first night that I was woken by a very intense contraction which, in turn, also woke my husband from my loud moans of pain and exclamations of, "Ow ow ow!" I had to take 2 consecutive baths and drink a ton of water to make the feelings of discomfort pass so I could go back to sleep! Thankfully, I was able to fall asleep and felt much better once I woke up.

On Wednesday, I had a Dr.'s appointment where I had the... uh... "pleasure" of being checked for the first time. I had been warned that it is painful. All I know is that it was less painful than some of the contractions I have already had, but it certainly made me grateful that my Dr. for that day was a woman with small hands. She told me that I am zero centimeters dialated, and 50% effaced. For those of you who do not know that that means, dilation refers to the opening of the cervix, and effacement refers to the thinning of the cervix. It was reassuring to know that I'm making some progress already, however it's very possible that I could remain in this same state passed my due date and have to be induced. I am hoping that will not happen! 


From now on I will be going to the doctor once a week. I have the option of not being checked this week, but I'm eager to find out if I've made more progress since Wednesday because of all the contractions I've been having! As of this Wednesday, I will also be 37 weeks pregnant and I will be full term. Logically, I want the baby to wait to come until Andrew's mom gets here. Physically and emotionally, I want the baby to come as soon as possible.

Today (Sunday), Andrew and I will be attending our first class! It does seem a little late, doesn't it? The particular class we'll be attending is a free preparatory class that will introduce us to the hospital I will be having Henry at and we will learn more about what options the hospital offers for labor and delivery. The class is only offered on the last Sunday of every month so this is our last chance to take it!

Anyway, life is good and I am a lot happier than I appear in the photo above. Here's proof:



Hopefully there will be a baby in the near future! 





1 comment:

  1. I always feel so bad when women get to this stage of their pregnancy, I can't imagine how that feels. I'm sorry!! Hopefully the time will go by fast until your cute little boy comes!!! Good luck!!!! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS