Their new owner's name is "Cindy" and she writes children's books; her and her husband run a farm on the side. The ducks are enclosed on a picturesque piece of land along with 2 geese, 2 piglets, and 16 bunnies with plenty of shade and water. There are also 2 guard dogs that keep the foxes away. They also have goats, and around 20 chickens in a a few nearby pens. It's duck heaven! I have no doubt that they will be happy there. Cindy also told us that she will email me with updates on how they are doing, and since they only live 7 minutes away from my dad's house, we can come visit them anytime we are in town. I can't imagine a better situation.
This experience was awesome. I finally got to do something I have wanted to do since I was a little one. I definitely got my "duck fix." So long, Napoleon and Marie! Enjoy your new home!
sorry you couldn't bring them to the place in MD, but it looks like they'll be much happier in that environment than they would ever be in the tiny yard at the townhouse (except that they'd be with their mom and dad, of course). I had to give away my Macaw that I raised from a baby when I went off to college, so I know how you feel.
ReplyDeleteYeah it's bittersweet... I miss them but they were a lot of work - mainly because we didn't have the resources for it to be easy (like a chicken coop etc.) I'm surprisingly relieved now that I don't have to stress about them anymore! It's all for the best. I'm also relieved that I don't have to worry about taking them across the country - that would have been a NIGHTMARE.
ReplyDeleteMarc... I just saw that you have a blog, and of course it's about birds! typical :) anyways, when do you guys head out here?
ReplyDeleteHaha I know - not surprising! :P We leave TOMORROW! Crazy! We're driving across the country! I'll let you guys know when we get here - we will have plenty of help unpacking so as soon as we're settled, we should hang! :)
ReplyDelete