Napoleon and Marie (my little peep peeps) are getting so big. Since my last blog, they have at least doubled in size! Every morning they look bigger! It's so cool to witness their growth. They're also becoming more independent; I take them outside and they want little to do with me! They want to go do their own thing, of course, once they can't see me, they freak out. Here are some recent pictures, as well as some videos I have taken along the way:
Video footage of their first swim ever - outside!
First swim in the kiddie pool
Drying off after their swim
The bigger they get, the more work they've become! Poop everywhere! I made them a little cage outside. All it took was a reciprocating saw, a drill gun, hardware cloth, some plywood, and a little imagination. It was important that I found a cage with small enough holes that a cat couldn't squeeze its paws through, and make sure a top could be fastened to it to protect it from hawks and other predators as well. This will suffice for now. It was a little rough sticking them in the cage at first - they were panicky and kept calling out to us. I'm in the process of getting them used to being outside by themselves so they can forage for food in the grass without me having to monitor them all the time. Plus, the clean up is significantly easier. The hose gets the job done!
My nephews visited this weekend for the 4th but since a lot of us are sick we are just taking it easy. Even through it all, I'm taking good care of my duckies and enjoying every bit of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment