A few months ago while I was still pregnant, Andrew's parents brought over their telescope for us to use and appreciate. Andrew assembled it and for a date one weekend, we did a little moon gazing on our front lawn. Although looking at a detailed picture of the moon might be more instructive, looking at the moon through the lens of a slightly trembling telescope restored my childlike curiosity that night. Although Henry was still in my belly, I like to believe that a little bit of that wonderment rubbed off on him. Seeing him now leaves me with no doubt. Every time he smiles, I am reminded of the many times I have been distracted by the magic of the moon. This is because every time he does a full-fledged, no-holds-barred smile, his little deep blue eyes arch into the shape of half moons, giving them the title of "half moon eyes."
I have had the hardest time capturing these "half moon eyes" on camera! He smiles so much but once a camera comes out, his unrelenting (and adorable) stone face stare takes over! Luckily, Grandma Godard was able to catch some pretty good shots during Grandpa Godard's and her visit this last weekend!
It was a blast having them here. The main reason for them coming, other than to cuddle and kiss the main attraction, was for Henry's baby blessing on Sunday. It was such a wonderful and neat experience for all of us. Henry even let out a little cry when Andrew held him up at the end of the blessing which melted my heart to mush.
Henry actually wore the very same blessing outfit worn by Andrew and his brothers. It is 34 years old! The last time it was worn was by Andrew so that made it very special for us. Henry sure looked handsome in it!
On Monday, Grandma and Grandpa Godard watched Henry while Andrew and I went and saw the movie "Brave" (which we absolutely love, by the way!). That was the 5th time I had been away from him and also the longest time. Yes, I cried. I am so crazy in love with him that it's hard to be apart but I knew that Andrew and I needed to take advantage of his parents being here to watch him.
After Andrew's parents left, I was in awe of how grateful I am that Henry has grandparents who love him so much and who have done so much for him before and after he's was born:
Papa
Grandma Godard
Grandpa Godard
and "cool" Grandma Kelly (as she prefers to be called). Henry met Grandma Kelly when he was still in my belly! He still has yet to meet her now he's here! :)
Anyway, I am enjoying every second with my baby. I have also noticed a renewed love for children in general! I have always loved kids but for some reason, having one of my own, makes me appreciate them that much more. I love going to church for many reasons, one of them being that I get to see all the kids that I love out here!
By the way, here are some more pictures (ALL PICTURES COURTESY OF GRANDMA!)
Well, stay tuned for the next post... I will be talking about Halloween! (A little prematurely, might I add).




Oh my goodness I can't get over how cute he is...that smile and those half moon eyes---he is such a happy baby!! Can't believe it's been 5 weeks! so happy for your little family!
ReplyDelete