I finally have a free moment to blog! I am sitting on our couch typing away while throwing occasional glances at my boys who are both sound asleep.
And yes - Henry smiles in his sleep, as well as frowns, cries, looks around, and even barks - like a puppy. If that isn't cute, then kill me.
Here's some proof:
He is growing so fast - and he better be. The last few days I have been constantly feeding him! I love that I get so much time to snuggle my baby bug but sheesh... I'm only human! I have to eat and use the bathroom, too! He is also in this phase where he wants to always be held - which I also don't mind at all. I figure it won't be like this forever so I'm just trying to soak it all in. He's really sweet and just melts our hearts all day everyday.
I'm extremely glad his jaundice is gone as that was a big source of stress for me during his first week of life. At his last doctor's appointment, we found that he had grown an extra 7 ounces and 2 inches since he was born! Good growing boy! Everyone out here (our doctor, nurses, pediatrician) marvel at how big he is. A 9 pound newborn doesn't seem that big to me but I guess out here they don't see babies that big very often.
It has almost been 3 weeks since I gave birth. I had no idea how long the healing would be. I'm still having pain and discomfort - some of which returns if I do too much. I really have to pay attention to my body and rest frequently.
It sure was fun having Andrew's mom here and then my dad! Not only was it fun - but it was NEEDED for sure. The first week was rough for all of us! Andrew got sick so he couldn't be near the baby or me so he had to sleep on the couch. I was also in a lot of pain and avoided coming downstairs. I pretty much lived on my bed during that week, and my baby was brought up to me to feed him when he was hungry. It felt so strange being so confined to bed and yet so needed by someone else. I hated that Andrew got sick, though! It was sad that he couldn't spend much time with his son during his first week of life! I'm so glad he's doing better now! He really is so awesome at this "being a dad" thing and I knew he would be. He is so smitten with his little boy!
Here's a list of things that describe the kind of baby Henry has been:
- He's always trying to instigate these "pee/poop/spit-up-everywhere parties" like it's nobody's business
- He likes to stare at our bookcase or our stack of board games with those wide unblinking eyes
- He loves to have his hands neatly folded together on his chest
- He frequently raises his hand to ask a question but then answers it in his head immediately after so he puts his hand back down ;)
- He loves car rides
- He grunts
- He has a "goofy ear" (one ear that sticks out)
- He likes getting a bath as long as he can hold onto your arm or hand for dear life
- He likes baby massages
- He likes kisses and gets lots and lots of them
- He sometimes looks just like Yoda when he's asleep
Having a child sure is an incredible blessing. I could just stare at my son all day long. I feel so lucky to have been entrusted to care for such an incredible human being! Andrew and I pray frequently on how we can best care for this little spirit and we need all the help we can get! This isn't just our child, afterall! :)
Here's Henry at 2 weeks!
(He's thinking, "Uhhh, dude, you're a little too close for comfort").

I love reading your posts! You always make me smile! Henry is a GORGOUS baby! I hope you finish healing quickly, it's no fun not feeling 100%.
ReplyDeleteThank you! :) We've decided to keep him around! Yeah - the worst part of the healing is that darn tear!
ReplyDeleteThere is a reason they make you wait 6 weeks before any major physical activity. I hope you heal quickly! Honestly, the best thing to do is just rest. And snuggle little Henry!
ReplyDelete