P.S. Is it strange that I'm not sad about that egg? This last weekend, Daniel, Amy and I all had dreams about the eggs breaking due to some unfortunate accident. However, this egg doesn't trouble me one bit - I think it's because I'm somewhat numbed by this whole incubation process. I feel like I've focused so much on these eggs for so long that it's getting old. Rotting eggs are just part of the deal with hatching any type of bird. C'est la vie.
Just a quick update...
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
This is more for my own personal records than anything else... But as far as the ducks go, today we're on day 20. There are 8 days left. I haven't documented the candling because at this point, there's really not that much to see. The blood vessels have darkened. I threw one egg out today. Two days ago I noticed that the smaller side of the egg was purple and that purple spread to half the egg today. It smelled pretty bad, too. Apparently, rotten eggs can explode. I picked up the egg and it definitely was not doing well so I put it in a ziplock bag and threw it out. Now we're down to 5. All we can do now is... wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment