Rainbow! Ok, so only someone with very limited eyesight would confuse a rainbow with a bird or plane... As I mentioned previously, I'm living with Daniel and Amy (Daniel is Andrew's brother) and while we were bringing in the groceries, Amy pointed out the fantastic rainbow that graced us with its presence today.
As far as my duckling adventure goes, things are going very well indeed. I spoke to my husband today and it sounds like they have a good home waiting for them at my dad's farm in good ol' Nampa, ID. They just finished moving and are now refurbishing the house. There is a barn outside that used to house some horses so there are a couple empty stalls, one of which would provide ample space to keep my ducks safe at night. Andrew told me last night they spoke to the neighbors who mentioned they've taken in a stray cat. This cat is extremely illusive so they weren't able to make it their official pet but they leave food out for it. I told Andrew, in perfect seriousness, that if that cat comes near my ducks I will kill it. He said he would pass the news on to the neighbors. (Sorry, cat-lovers. I've worked way too hard for this and I'm not about to let a stray cat ruin it just so he can have a good time).
Anyway, today I went out to a ranch store to buy my duckling starter feed. I was pleasantly surprised when I got there. Here's what I purchased.
I got all this for $15. The ducks can eat the feed the first 8 weeks of development (2 bags should last them), and then the UFO-looking device is a feeder and the bowl is for water. So far, this whole adventure has cost us $65. Of course, this doesn't include the normal cost of purchasing a shelter and providing long-term care. I'm so excited to see them! As of today, we're on day 17 of the incubation period which is a total of 28 days. I will only have 10 days left by tomorrow! Crazy!
Oh. Before I go... Pictures say a thousand words. This picture says, "my niece is extremely cute" one thousand times. I love the time I've gotten to spend with her!
Oh. Before I go... Pictures say a thousand words. This picture says, "my niece is extremely cute" one thousand times. I love the time I've gotten to spend with her!
No comments:
Post a Comment