Pages

WHEW!

Monday, May 30, 2011

We did it! We can relax. Finally. I might have mentioned it in an earlier blog that we were moving and if I didn't, well, SURPRISE! We miraculously filled our trailer to the brim with a lot of help, mind you. Thanks to Lauren, Dan, Steve, Joe, Molly, Ashley, and Jordan. We have great friends. We were able to get everything out, and get the place cleaned up in just a few hours.

Where are we now? Living on a street corner somewhere? Mississippi? With Condoleezza Rice? No. I'm living with Andrew's brother and his wife about 20 minutes north of Provo and Andrew is living with my dad in Boise. You better believe it. The only reason for these strange arrangements is I have to stay out here and finish my school term which ends on the 16th. This is also around the time that my ducks should hatch, assuming they survive.

I did have the option to stay in our place until the 16th but I hate being by myself and I figured it would give me a good opportunity to get in some good bonding time with family before we leave for Maryland in August. They were kind enough to take little old me in.

Wondering how the eggs are doing? SO. AM. I. Today was hectic. I was super nervous about transporting them. I made sure that they were the absolute last thing to go. I hurried them out to the car and left as soon as possible with the heat blasting. The roads were bumpy (for those of you that haven't acquainted yourself with the Utah County freeways, consider yourself lucky) and I could hear my eggs rattling around! I should have cushioned them with something. I don't know what I was thinking. The temperature dropped ten degrees and all the extreme heat in the car did was amp the humidity up to 80% which is actually not good at this point in the incubation period.

Those poor eggs have been through a lot. I did NOT candle them today because they have been through enough. I will check their progress in a few days and share with you all. In the meantime, I will be missing my Andrew and having lots of fun with my family.

Hope everyone had a fantastic Memorial Day!

-Marcie

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS